Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Will long, pointed nails get in the way of my Saxophone playing?

Hi! I play the Alto-Sax, and I would like to grow my nails a few inches, and file them to be pointed (extremely pointed - so much that they cut skin), but I'm worried - how long can they get before they begin to affect my playing?





Thanks!Will long, pointed nails get in the way of my Saxophone playing?
Well it all depends on how you hold your saxophone, I personaly press down on the keys with the tips of my fingers because I think it's faster. But I know a lot of people that play with the side of their finiger opposite to the nail, so that it would never get in the way (if that makes sence). You have to be the judge of that, and if it does get too long, trim it down just a little to find that balance of comfort and the nails you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment