Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I got acrylic nails for the first time. Are they supposed to hurt?

I got acrylic nails for the first time yesterday, and they look fantastic and spoiling myself like that made me happy, but the area underneath _aches_ to the point where I regret having done it. Is this common? They're also too long to be practical. Can I cut them or should I have a nail tech do it?I got acrylic nails for the first time. Are they supposed to hurt?
NO. Nail services of any kind, including acrylic and gel enhancements should never hurt, or cause you any discomfort. My guess is that you went to a discount salon? The places that charge like $25 or less for a full set, no appointment required and there is typically a huge language barrier there too. Just a word of advice if in fact that is where you went to have your nails done. If not, then just ignore my comment. But stay away from discount salons at all costs. They workers in those places can barely speak our language, and that is not helpful or beneficial to any of us if we cannot have our questions or concerns addressed properly, and thoroughly by the nail tech. Other problems with them are they operate like a factory. They take an assembly line approach to nail services. The idea is to get you in and out that door as fast as possible. In doing so, many importanbt steps are overlooked. Also, in order to keep down prices, they use the cheapest available products. This is obviously not a good thing. Some of them are hazardous to a persons health. They still use them, all in the name of profit. Your nails most likely hurt due to over drilling. The people in the discount salons have little to no training and are quite often unlicensed as well. They use Dremel tools on your nails which are fine if you are doing hobbies, but not for use on nails. On top of that, they are usually unskilled in the use of these drills and will overfile until there is nothing left to your natural nails. When askedm many people will say that they need to 'rough' up your nails in order for the acrylic to stick better. This is pure, 100% BS. Roughing up nails is never necessary.


I don't quite understand why it is that so many people go to these awful places. It is these same peoplke who will tell you that yes, it is normal to hae pain after your nails have been done. This is NOT true. Just my opinion...I got acrylic nails for the first time. Are they supposed to hurt?
My nails have been sore after having acrylics applied, generally, it was from a nail tech that was either in a big hurry or didn't know what they were doing. I am sure that it will go away in a day or so. My first acrylics did not hurt at all, but, as I continued to have them kept up, and used different salons, I did encounter people who were excessively rough. I actually walked out of one appointment unfinished.


I DO NOT suggest cutting the nails yourself. It can be done, however, you can crack and break them very easily. You might want to keep them the way they are for a few days and see if you get used to the length, if not, I suggest that you go back in and ask them to shorten the length for you.
yes! it can hurt. but if it hurts that bad then the nail might nit have been right for you... like your finger shape. its normal for it to hurt until you get used to it maybe like a week at most. but once again remove them if its unbarable.





cutting them: you can use a regular nail clipper, but be carefull! you dont need to go in for that. just be persice and carefull. good luck
Um, I was going to suggest calling the place where you had them done, or another nail salon in your area for advice, but I see other people have already beaten me to that idea.





I wish I could see them, I bet they're pretty. Any chance you could add details, add a photo link...?
coming from a nail pro: go back to the shop to let them cut it. acrylic is thick and you don't want to mess up your pretty nails. after the 1st day the pain usually will go away. the pain is due to all of the buffing and filing and how rough the nail shops are on our nails. it only happens with a full set. if you get a fill in it doesn't hurt again unless they did something wrong
that is normal. i got mine done for prom and i couldnt sleep because of the pain and i was thinking wow i shouldnt have. it usually goes away after the first or second day and they look really pretty so dont worry.. and i always think theyre long on me but ive never tried cutting them myself because im afraid they will break or look unproportional. idk i would go to the place and ask them to shorten them.
they are not supposed to hurt but if you rarely get them done them they most likely will don't cut them yourself you will most likely really mess them up. just enjoy them while you can but i would not recommend getting them done all the time its not healthy for your nails not to get air contact.
well your cuticles might hurt for a while and if there to long don't cut htem because you'll break them you'll have to have the nail people do it

No comments:

Post a Comment