Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can I put shelves up without using nails?

My landlord won't allow holes in the walls but I want some shelves to display my nice things. Are there any options available for me? I live in the UK by the way.Can I put shelves up without using nails?
Buy a bookshelf that rests on the floor and does not mount on the wall.Can I put shelves up without using nails?
Argos and some of the DIY shops ie B %26amp; Q etc sell sets of shelves that do not need any sort of fixing to the walls, but you would have to put them together as they come flat packed, so when you move on you can take them with you.
Use free standing shelves available from any DIY store.


And just for information you don't put shelves up with nails even if the landlord does allow holes in the wall. Use screws with the appropriate type of plug for solid or hollow walls.
Get a set of shelves or a bookcase that sits on the floor. Gluing shelves to the walls isn''t going to be any more acceptable to the landlord than nail holes would be.
oh you can purchase something called no more nails from b and q or what ever it is :L its just a really tough glue that gives the same strength as keeping the shelves up by nails so buy that :D
don't glue them on unless you want to break the things you put on them. Also they will pull chunks off the wall when you want to take them down. Free standing shelves are the solution
free standing has to be the answer

No comments:

Post a Comment