Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do you stop a child from bitting their nails?

my daughter bites her nails. i tell her to stop but she wont, i've tried putting nail polish on them but she still does it. she bites them so low that their almost stubbs, you cant even see them over her finger.How do you stop a child from bitting their nails?
Our doctor suggested telling our son that there were only certain rooms in our house that he could bite his nails in, for example, only in his bedroom or in the bathroom. Then you slowly start eliminating these rooms or areas until there is no place that is ';ok'; for nail biting. We've also discovered that this is a nervous habit for him, so giving him other things to do, like playing with a stress ball when he watches TV, can do the same to relax him without him hurting himself. Good luck!How do you stop a child from bitting their nails?
Does it bother her? Just let her- she'll quit when it's important to her. It's not like it's hurting her or anything. I bit my nails until I was 13 and then I quit because I wanted to.
i used to too but i got acurlic nails now i dont bite them
i have the same problem i just let her do it, shell grow out of it, cuz i used to do it and i stoped, my mom used to rub hot chilli pepers on thim this way i could learn a lesson, u can also try the nailpolish that is for nail biting, it has a really nasty sour taste to it when u put it in ur mouth its all in drugstores
I'm 36 and I do the same thing. I dont smoke, I know that there are germs and stuff and its ugly... but I cant just leave my fingers at home like a pack of cigs. lol I have even tried putting on fake nails... I still put them in my mouth.





If you find a cure.. let me know.
its REALLY hard to quit.


i still bite MY nales.


try and put something like...um...hotsauce!


eww..dont do that..
just let her do it! she will get to that age when she realises that her friends at school dont bite there nails so she will follow suit, failing that u could reward her for not biting them, i bit my nails up until i was 26, then someone bet me a small amount of cash that i couldnt stop 4 a month, well i won the bet and havent biten my nails in over 2 years now.
there is a polish called THUMB ask your pharmacy for it. the cost is about 3.00 and it works
There is a type of fingernail polish that tastes disgusting and if you put it on her fingernails, then she will begin to stop the habit.
they have a nail polish called bite no more? i think is the name of it..you purchase it at the store in the same place as the nail polish....i always find it at CVS pharmacy
does she need or will she be getting braces any time soon?





I had the same nasty habit and having braces made it difficult to bite them, even when i really really really wanted to. When my braces came off, I had to urge to do it and i have beautiful nails now, haha!





tell her that it's gross that she's chewing off parts of her body. :(





hehe. good luck.
Make her wear mittens.
They have this polish that I bought at a beauty supply store that was so bitter and so nasty that it made me want to vomit. I don't remember the name, I just told the clerk what I was looking for and she gave it to me. It really worked. I used to bite until I bled and now, I have long beautiful nails.
Start by finding out WHY she bites her nails. Is she nervous? Worried about something? Afraid? Or is it just a bad habit that she can't seem to break? Once you know, then talk to her about it. Help her find other ways to deal with the feelings that cause her to bite her nails. And if it is just a bad habit, rest assured that she will probably grow out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment