Saturday, August 21, 2010

Methods for how to stop biting your nails?

My friend constantly bites her nails despite trying many different things (including putting disguisting things on her fingers). Does anyone have any different ways to stop this?Methods for how to stop biting your nails?
Get a stress ball.. Carry it with you.





If this doesn't work, wear gloves and distract yourself from your nervousnessMethods for how to stop biting your nails?
The best way is to buy a special clear nail varnish that's specially for nail biters. So that when you put your nail in your mouth to bite it, it will leave a disgusting taste. I used to bite my nails and using this nail varnish hrlped me to stop. It really does work, tell your friend to try it. And it's only cheap and you can get it in most chemist's and drug stores.


Hope I helped x





Mine?





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
okay will i have that same habit as well. What i had to do was put a rubber band on my wrist and when ever i felt the urge to bite i snapped it on my wrist..(it hast to hurt) so it would be like my own little punishment. and now i have good long healthy nails and sence also i have in infection it stoped me because it was all swollen and it hurt like hell. so that kinda stopped than i did rubberband and im good to go=]...and i got nerves thats how i got my nails for me to bite so wen ur taking a test or wen ur nerves rele chew gum it really does help=]
';My friend'; aka you? ;) Be aware of the habit and consciously stop yourself every time you raise your hands to your mouth. I know that sounds hard, but just promise yourself that you will make an effort to stop and really think about it every time you start to do it and you will eventually break the habit. I find that everyone I talked to who broke the habit did it by sheer willpower, so unfortunately there are no secret tricks. A tip, though: keep your nails coated in a clear polish. I find that if I have polish on and I unconsciously start to mess with my hands, I tend to go for the polish first, so it's like an additional layer between your mouth and your nails during which you can catch yourself and stop biting. Also, the polish protects your nails from chipping, and you may be tempted to bite to clean up hangnails and the like. On that note, you should also remember to do ANY AND ALL nail maintenance with nail clippers and files.
Tell Your Mum or sumthing To shout at you when you do it :L:P x
try buying hot balls to suck on i use to bit my nails in school, i just started sucking on candy and the bad habit went away
well, if u dont like hot sauce, cover them in hot sauce, or put on some bad tasting polish, so it'll be gross when u bite them. or you could go to the spa and get a pretty manicure and then u wont want to bite them bc they r pretty!


hope i helped!!
the only one i know is putting nail remover on it ha but again i have the same problem and i tryed stoping but its just a habit and same with cracking my nails ha...
As a habitual nail biter, I know how hard it can be to stop. Unfortunately, will power and a desire to stop is the only way to do it. Start off by reminding her of how dirty the underneath of your fingernails are- its actually pretty disgusting, when you think of the germs that accumulate under the nails. You DO NOT want that stuff in your mouth!


Something that I have tried that works well is to put on false nails. If your nails look pretty, you are less likely to want to bite them.


She could also try chewing gum.
Bite your fingers





sorry joking. Keep busy with a chewing gum
Try some meth
negative reinforcement, smack her every time she bites her nails.
Put tape on them.
Cutting your fingers and eating them.
Clear nail polish. Tastes yuck, too.
1) Chili paste


2) Stop'n'grow


3) Nail polish


4) Cut nails very short


5) Explain how when biting your nails you take in more germs than if you licked a public keyboard of toilet seat.
tell her guys are not attracted by females who have their habdsbin their mouth. Most guys can tell if you take of yourself by how your feet and hands *%26amp; nails Look. Plus it is unsanitary can cause you to be sick unless you wash your hand allday everyday.
cover them in acid
I'm 28 and I still do it....sorry...it's not the end of the world you know. Only fingernails....
Get braces on her teeth, I know this is a really dumb idea, but it worked for me. Cuz braces hurt sometimes so it makes it hard to bite nails. I used to put nail polish on my nails to prevent myself from biting it, because I didn't want to ruin the nail polish or eat it.
If she still bites no matter the yuck stuff, then you need to address the source: stress/anxiety?





Tell her to try meditation, there's great content on youtube and google video to get started.





But, like anything else, if she doesn't really wanna, there's no point in trying.
Tell him the hazards of byting nails without washing hands.. he will stop


or


encouraqge him to byte nails of feet too... ;)
Amputation, handcuffs, muzzles; there are many different ways.
Pliers. And a lot of codeine.
hot sauce usually works


if not try nail polish remover or just clipping them


it worked for me=)

No comments:

Post a Comment