Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Are concrete perches for my cockatiel bad for its feet? I know it is good for its nails? wont it cause lesions?

I have always heard that concrete or textured perches are a ';must-have'; for cockatiels because they can keps its nails trimmed. But I recently read an atricle that said that concrete or textured perches can irritate the bird's feet and can cause lesions and other skin problems? is this true?Are concrete perches for my cockatiel bad for its feet? I know it is good for its nails? wont it cause lesions?
If it only has one perch that is concrete, that's good for the toenails. But if they don't have any natural wood perches. To be effective, place a concrete perch near the food/water and get other natural wood perches.





I hope this helps! :)Are concrete perches for my cockatiel bad for its feet? I know it is good for its nails? wont it cause lesions?
I always have a variety of perches in my cage, wood, plastic, rope. That way they get a choice. You wouldn't want to sit in the same chair everyday would you ?

No comments:

Post a Comment