Friday, November 25, 2011

Does nail polish really damage your nails?

Apart from manicures %26amp; etc. Like if you put it on to often does it damage your nail?Does nail polish really damage your nails?
Yea. The chemicals in nailpolish are really harsh. They stain them and make them more brittle.Does nail polish really damage your nails?
Not that I know of. My nails don't go yellow or anything because I wear a base coat so that doesn't happen. Even though nails do need to ';breathe';, this isn't what causes the staining. The staining is caused by the tint of the nail polish, no matter the color of the nail polish it will usually end up yellow. Once I did my nails red without a base coat and they looked pinkish once i removed the nail polish.


I think the chemicals might be harmful for, not only the nails, but health in general because I believe the nails try to ';absorb'; the nail polish and it's full of chemicals so I don't know.


However, I've been doing my nails nonstop for two years and nothing has gone wrong yet.
I'm not sure but it stains them yellow. I used to almost permanently have nail polish on my toenails and then HAD to because they were all yellow. I finally decided to grow them out, FINALLY nearly grown out after like...6, 7 months maybe. Not sure exactly, but A LONG TIME. Putting a clear base coat on first can help (ill do that from now on) but you still need to go nailpolish-free often as even with clear nailpolish, you nails aren't being allowed to breath and this causes them to stain yellow
It does tend to make nails a little yellow, but on the other hand I find that nail polish strengthens mine. I wear nail polish all the time, and if there has been an occasion or two where I took it off and didn't add new nail polish, my nails broke and peeled.





But yeah, nail polish isn't exactly the healthiest thing for your nails, but I don't think it causes any serious damage.
My Friend used to paint her nails all the time. I saw her nails without polish once and they were in a really bad way. They looked a kind of yellow/brown colour. She has stopped painting them now and after using a hand/nail cream for a few months they now look fine. Hope this helps.
Not if you use a good basecoat. Stained nails can be reversed using ';bubble white'; from Sally beauty (or another similar product.)





Acrylic nails, however, will seriously damage your natural nails!
No, it doesn't damage your nails but if you wear nail polish too often it can turn your nails yellow (which you can get out by soaking your nails in lemon juice)
you know i think it does like my fingers always look really bad after i get my nails done and i dont think my pointer finger ever recovered from it
its good to let your nails breath every once in a while, but nail polish doesnt damage your nails

No comments:

Post a Comment