Friday, November 25, 2011

Can I get my nails filled in the first trimester?

I am about 6 weeks pregnant, is it ok for me to get my nails filled and get a pedicure? Just wondering if the fumes are bad for the baby..Can I get my nails filled in the first trimester?
It really depends on if you have a normal pregnancy or a difficult one.





I am 13 weeks and it took me 2 yrs to get pregnant and I have been very cautious about what I do and don't.





But saying that - I asked at 6 weeks and the Dr said as long as the place is well ventilated and the equipment is sterile it should be ok because we are only there 1-2 hours. IF you worked there then that would be a problem because you would be breathing it in all day.





So go get your nails done! I am going tomorrow. :)Can I get my nails filled in the first trimester?
My OB said no problem. I got my nails and toes done throughout my 1st pregnancy. You can always make a quick phone call to your doctors office just to get their opinion.
the fumes are bad for the baby yes
The fumes arent good, but if you wanted to, you could probably wear a mask over your face. The first trimester is where the fetus is being developed. After that, it is just growing. I would put off getting my nails done for awhile, just in case.
If you get a mani and pedi once a month you'll be fine.


I got many when i was pregnant, the predi felt soooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment