Saturday, July 31, 2010

How do you stop a habbit like bitting nails?

I bite my nails and i hate it but its a habbit how do i stop it? with out the gel stuffHow do you stop a habbit like bitting nails?
Try stopping gradually if you can't do it cold turkey. Only bite on one hand, then on one nail and eventually it'll inspire you to to quit, because it'll look uneven. Try keeping something around to play with everytime you want to bite your nails. A good nail polish works wonders too-that's the main reason I quit biting mine, because my parents finally told me I'd be allowed to wear nail polish if I quit. It was a good incentive. Occasionally I nibble now and then, but I've take up tic-tacs now, so when I want to chew, I take one and suck on it for bit. The urge eventually passes and my nails stay nice and happy. Good luck! You can do it!How do you stop a habbit like bitting nails?
I know it sounds weird but for about 1 month just hold on the a small pillow when you are doing stuff like watching T.V or when you usually bite your nails , I used to bite my nails so bad.......then my odcter told me that and I was like what?? and at first I didn't do it I was like thats not going to help and then I thaught what the hay so I tried and sure enough it worked!
Clear nail polish makes your nails stronger and harder to bite and if you chew gum or something like that then you will have something else to bite and when ever you notice yourself biting your nails slap yourself in the face to remind you to stop. It's crazy but it helped me.
i also bite my nails, and let me tell you no matter how many times ive tried to stop it never seems to work. But experts say the key is to put something that taste bad onto your nails to prevent you from chewing. something like, vasoline.











good luck
They sell a special type of nail polish that taste very bad, so when you bite your nails it will not tast good. Or you can play with a little toy in your hand so you will be distracted.
there is certain nail polish u can use...


my sister use to have this problem then she got fake nails an dshe got them off a while ago and she has stopped bitting them completely!!
put nail polish on with a clear coat.
nail polish

No comments:

Post a Comment